Highest Mountain Peaks in States of India
Below is the list of highest mountain peaks in various states of India:
1. K2 – It is India’s highest mountain peak. The parent range is the Karakoram Range. K2 lies between Baltistan and Xinjiang. It lies in Chinese administered Kashmir (Jammu & Kashmir).
2. Kanchenjunga – This lies on the Sikkim-Nepal border. It is the 3rd highest peak in India after Mt. Everest and K2. This range has 14 protected areas for the conservation of wildlife and nature. It lies in the Himalayan Mountain Range.
3. Nanda Devi – Situated in Uttarakhand, it is part of Garhwal mountain ranges. This is the 23rd highest peak in the world. However, this is the highest peak located entirely in India.
4. Kangtoh – This lies on the Arunachal-Pradesh and China border. It lies in the Eastern Himalayan Range.
5. Reo Purgyill – This belongs to the Western Himalayan Range. This lies on the Himachal Pradesh and China border.
6. Mount Saramati – This belongs to the Purvanchal range. It is the highest peak in the mountain range. It lies on the border of Nagaland and Myanmar border.
7. Sandakphu – It is situated in the Darjeeling district in West Bengal. It lies in the Nepal-West Bengal border. It is part of the Singalila Ridge of the Eastern Himalayan Range.
8. Mount Tempu – This is also known as Mount Iso. This peak lies in the Naga Hills section of the Purvanchal Range in Manipur.
9. Anamudi – It is situated in the Anamalai Hills of the Western Ghat in Kerala. It is the highest peak beside the Himalayan Range. It is the highest peak in the Western Ghats.
10. Doddabetta – It is situated in the Nilgiri Hills in the Western Ghat of Southern India in the state of Tamil Nadu.
11. Phawngpui – It is located in the Lushai Hills in the Purvanchal Range in the state of Mizoram.
12. Shillong Peak – It is the highest peak in the Shillong Plateau. It lies in the Khasi Hills section of the Shillong plateau in the state of Meghalaya.
13. Unnamed peak – This is located in the Dima Hasao District. It belongs to the Cachar Hills section of the Karbi Anglong plateau in the state of Assam.
14. Mullyanagiri – It belongs to the Sahyadri Hills section of the Western Ghats in the state of Karnataka.
15. Guru Shikhar – It is situated in the Aravalli Range in the state of Rajasthan. It is the highest peak in this range.
16. Arma Konda – It is situated in the Eastern Range. It is the highest peak in this range. It is situated in Andhra Pradesh.
17. Deomali – It is situated in the state of Orissa. It is situated in the Eastern Ghats.
18. Kalsubai – It is situated in Maharashtra. It is situated in the Sahyadri Hills of the Western Ghats.
19. Karoh Peak – It is situated in Haryana. It is situated in the Morni Hills in the Shivalik Range.
20. Parasnath – It is situated in the Chota Nagpur plateau. This is the highest peak in this plateau in the state of Jharkhand.
21. Dhupgarh – This is situated in the Satpura Range. It is the highest peak in this range in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
22. Guarlata – It is located in the Dantewada district in Chhattisgarh. It is situated in the Bailadila Range in the Deccan Plateau.
23. Sonsogor – It is situated in Goa. This peak is located in the Western Ghats.
24. Unnamed peak – It is located in the Rupnagar District in Punjab. It belongs to the Naina Devi section of the Shivalik Range
25. Doli Gutta – It is located in the Deccan Plateau in the state of Telangana.
26. Amsot Peak – It is located in the Rajaji Range of the Shivalik Hills in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
27. Betlingchhip – It is situated in the Jampui Hill section of the Purvanchal Range in the state of Tripura.
28. Someshwar Fort – It is situated in the Shivalik Hills in the state of Bihar.
|Mountain Peak||Height (in meters)||State|
|K2||8611 m||Lies in Chinese administered Kashmir (Jammu & Kashmir)|
|Kanchenjunga||8586 m||Sikkim (shared with Nepal as well)|
|Nanda Devi||7816 m||Uttarakhand|
|Kangto||7060 m||Arunachal Pradesh|
|Reo Purgyill||6816 m||Himachal Pradesh|
|Mount Saramati||3841 m||Nagaland (shared with Myanmar)|
|Sandakphu||3636 m||West Bengal (shared with Nepal)|
|Mount Tempu||2994 m||Manipur|
|Doddabetta||2636 m||Tamil Nadu|
|Shillong Peak||1965 m||Meghalaya|
|Unnamed peak||1960 m||Assam|
|Guru Shikhar||1722 m||Rajasthan|
|Arma Kondar||1680 m||Andhra Pradesh|
|Karoh Peak||1499 m||Haryana|
|Dhupgarh||1352 m||Madhya Pradesh|
|Unnamed peak||1000 m||Punjab|
|Doli Gutta||965 m||Telangana|
|Amsot Peak||957 m||Uttar Pradesh|
|Someshwar Fort||880 m||Bihar|