TAMIL NADU UNIFORMED SERVICES RECRUITMENT BOARD
RECRUITMENT OF SUB-INSPECTOR OF POLICE (FINGERPRINT) 2018
Instructions to the candidates “How to Apply” through online
The candidates who are applying for this recruitment can use their current & active existing e-mail ID and those who are not having e-mail ID should create an own e-mail ID.
Important Note: The candidates should fill all the mandatory fields which are marked with red star * mark.
- The candidate should enter his/her e-mail address in the New User Sign Up form and click “Send OTP” button.
- The OTP number will be sent to the e-mail address of the candidate. The candidate should enter the OTP number in the text box and click the “Verify OTP” button.
- Then the candidate should enter his/her name and should create a password and also confirm the password and type the captcha code in the field and then click the “SUBMIT” button in the new user sign up form.
- The User ID will be created and the User ID along with password will be sent to the candidate’s e-mail address. The candidate should enter his User ID and password in the login page and click the login button.
- After that an instruction page will appear. The candidate after reading the instructions thoroughly a “DECLARATION” has to be submitted by selecting the check box shown in the screen and then click the “CONTINUE” button.
- Now, the Application for Sub-Inspector of Police (Finger Print) page will appear.
APPLICATION FORM CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS :
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience
- Additional Details
- Upload Photo
- Upload Signature
- Special Marks / Age Relaxation Details
- Documents upload
1. PERSONAL DETAILS :
- Here the name of the candidate will appear in the field automatically. The candidate should enter his /her Mobile No. and click “Send OTP” button. The OTP number will be sent to the Mobile No. of the candidate. The candidate should enter the OTP number in the text box and click the “Verify OTP” button.
- If the OTP is not received then the candidate should wait for 2 minutes to get the “Resend OTP” button enabled.
- After verification of OTP the candidate should enter his /her Date of Birth as in the SSLC certificate, Gender and here a Gender confirmation box will appear, the candidate should confirm his/her Gender, marital status, Identification marks, Nationality, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Permanent Address, Communication Address, Religion, Community and Sub caste details.
- If you click “Yes” against the question “Do you possess community certificate issued by Tamil Nadu Govt.?”, then the community will appear in the Community drop down box. Here the candidate has to select his /her community.
- If he/she clicks “No” against the question “Do you possess community certificate issued by Tamil Nadu Govt.?” then OC will appear in the Community field by default.
- Then the candidate should enter his/her Sub Caste details for the Community chosen.
- If the candidate’s age is eligible with respect to the community selected then click the “Save & Continue” button to proceed further to fill the “ACADEMIC DETAILS”.
- If the candidate is over aged under male category, the age relaxation option for Ex-servicemen and Departmental will appear. Here the candidate should click either Ex-servicemen or Departmental option and then click the “Save & Continue” button to proceed further to fill the “ACADEMIC DETAILS.”
- If the candidate is over aged under female category the age relaxation option for Ex-servicewomen, Departmental and Destitute Widow will appear. Here the candidate should click either Ex-servicewomen or Departmental or Destitute Widow option and then click the “SAVE & CONTINUE” button to proceed further to fill the “ACADEMIC DETAILS.”
2. ACADEMIC DETAILS :
- Here the candidate should click his/her educational qualification and also fill all the details in the table format.
- Candidates have to choose “Yes or No” against the question “Have you studied Tamil as subject in SSLC”.
- Then click “SAVE & CONTINUE” button and then “WORK EXPERIENCE” will appear.
3. WORK EXPERIENCE :
- If the candidate clicks “Yes” against the question “Whether you are a Government servant?” then Department field will appear. The candidate has to select the department.
- If the candidate selects the “Police” in the Department field, then the option Ministerial or Executive will appear. The candidate should select his /her category
- If the candidate select Ministerial category, the relevant fields will appear then, the candidate should fill all the fields. Similarly, if the candidate select Executive category then, he /she should fill the date of enlistment in the date Calendar. Then his / her service period will be automatically calculated.
- If the executive candidate served above 5 years in the Police Department, the question “Are you applying under Departmental Quota or Open Quota or Both Quota?” will appear in the screen. Here, the Department candidate can select any one option i.e. Open or Departmental or Both
- Then, the candidate should enter his/her GPF/CPS No. in the text box.
- Then, the candidate should enter his / her present rank; present posting using the drop down boxes.
- If the candidate having the Gold or Silver or Bronze medals in National Police Duty Meet he / she click “Yes” against the question “Have you won any medal in the National Police Duty Meet?”.
- Then, he/she should select the year in the drop down and enter the event of the National Police Duty Meet in the text box, then select the type of medal in drop down box, then enter the NOC file number and select the designation of the issuing authority in the drop down and enter the NOC date using date calendar.
- Finally click the “SAVE AND CONTINUE” button. Then additional details will appear in the screen.
- If the candidates select “Others” in the Department field the candidate should fill all the details relevant to his /her department.
- If the candidate clicks “No” against the question “Whether you are a Government servant?” No fields will appear in the screen. Then the candidates should click the “SAVE AND CONTINUE” button to proceed further to the “Additional details” section.
4. ADDITIONAL DETAILS :
- If the candidate is involved in any criminal case he/she should click “yes” in the drop down box against the question “Whether any criminal case have been filed against you?”. If the candidate clicks “Yes” the table format will appear asking for the criminal case details in the screen.
- The candidate should fill all the requisite fields. Then, click “SAVE AND CONTINUE” button. Then, the “UPLOAD PHOTO” section will appear.
- If the candidate is not involved in any criminal case should click “No” in the drop down box.
- Then, click “SAVE AND CONTINUE” button. Then, the “UPLOAD PHOTO” section will appear.
5. UPLOAD PHOTO :
- Here, his/her User ID, Name, Gender and DOB will appear automatically in the screen.
- The candidate should upload his / her scanned image of recently taken passport size photograph (allowed size 11 kb to 30 kb; allowed format jpg, jpeg, bmp or png).
- Here, the candidate should click the “CHOOSE FILE” button and upload the photo.
- After uploading the photo, the candidate should click the “CONTINUE” button. Then the “UPLOAD SIGNATURE” section will appear.
6. UPLOAD SIGNATURE :
- Here, his/her User ID, Name, Gender and DOB will appear automatically in the screen.
- The candidate should upload his / her scanned signature image (allowed size 5 kb to 10 kb; allowed format jpg, jpeg, bmp or png).
- Here, the candidate should click the “CHOOSE FILE” button and upload the signature.
- After uploading the signature, the candidate should click the “CONTINUE” button. Then the “SPECIAL MARKS/ AGE RELAXATION “ section will appear.
7. SPECIAL MARKS/ AGE RELAXATION :
- If the candidates have only NCC, NSS and Sports / games certificates he / she should select “Yes” in all the relevant drop down boxes. Then, click “SAVE AND CONTINUE”button. Then, the “DOCUMENT UPLOAD” screen will appear.
- If the candidate does not possess NCC, NSS and Sports / games certificates he / she should select “No” in all the relevant drop down boxes. Then, click “SAVE AND CONTINUE” button. Then, the “DOCUMENT UPLOAD” section will appear.
- If the candidate already selected age relaxation in the personal details section, here the corresponding question relating to Ex-servicemen, Ex-servicewomen and Destitute Widow details will appear in the screen. Here, the candidate should fill all the particulars relating to him /her in the drop down box.
- Then, click “SAVE AND CONTINUE” button. Then, the “DOCUMENT UPLOAD” section will appear.
8. DOCUMENT UPLOAD :
- While naming the uploading certificates / documents, Photo and Signature file, please avoid space and special characters. The file name should be like “CERTIFICATES/PHOTO/SIGNATURE” without spaces and special characters and symbols.
- In this section, the candidates are allowed to upload their applicable certificates in support of their claims.
- If there is any name change, the candidate should upload the name change gazette copy (relevant page) along with SSLC mark statement as a single pdf file.
- The system displays the list of certificates that needs to be uploaded automatically as per the option / claim chosen while applying in the previous sections. The candidates can upload scanned copies of certificates (allowed size of 30kb to 600kb and the allowed format pdf, jpg, jpeg, png) which are legibly scanned.
- Click “UPLOAD” link against each certificate and a display box is shown for choosing the file. Click “CHOOSE FILE” button then the scanned copies of document which were stored in the drive is browsed and chosen. Then, the candidate should confirm the declaration of certificates / documents by clicking the check box.
- Click “UPLOAD” button after choosing the document file. Now the candidate’s certificate document file is uploaded showing document name with file type in green colour against each certificate as proof for correct upload with an “EDIT” link to modify again. This action has to be repeated for upload of all applicable certificates of the candidate.
- Then click “CONTINUE” to proceed further to the next section i.e. “PREVIEW” section.
9. PREVIEW :
- In this section, all the details filled in the application form will display in a single page with Edit options at the respective sections. If the candidate needs to edit his/her application, he / she can click the “Edit” link against each section and modify or update the fields.
- Here candidates need to re-verify and confirm all the documents again in the “Documents” section by clicking the blue coloured “PLEASE CLICK TO VERIFY AND CONFIRM THE CERTIFICATE” link.
- On clicking the link, a display box will show the uploaded document. Check the correctness and clarity of the certificate and confirm by enabling the checkbox declaration saying “I confirm the document uploaded by me is correct”.
- The “CONFIRMED” notification is displayed against each document. After all the certificates are confirmed click “SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM”.
- “Declaration” display box will appear and after enabling the checkbox, Click “SUBMIT” button to submit the application.
- Now the candidate cannot change any of the details in the submitted application.
- Then the page moves to payment section.
10. PAYMENT SECTION (SBI ePay Online and SBI BRANCH PAYMENT/CASH modes)
- A page mentioning the post applied and the amount of Fee i.e. Rs.500/- for candidates applying under either Open or Departmental Quota and Rs.1000/- for candidates applying for Both Open and Departmental quota. On clicking the “PROCEED TO PAY” button a “Declaration” consists of “Terms and Conditions” regarding the payment section will appear. On submitting that, it will lead to the SBIePay portal.
- In the SBI ePay portal the following links will appear
a. Net banking, b. Credit Card, c. Debit card & d. SBI Branch Payment
- The candidate is restricted to Pay the Fee either through Online (Netbanking/Debit/Credit Card) OR SBI BRANCH PAYMENT (CASH Challan) mode only.
- The SBI Branch Payment (Cash) option will display the basic details of the candidates like Name, Phone no., Email ID. On clicking the “Proceed” button a Challan gets generated in the duplicate format. i.e one as Bank copy and the other as Customer copy.
- In the challan, the generation date and the expiry date will be mentioned. The challan has to be paid within the expiry date at any of the SBI branches working hours, failing which the challan as well as the Application becomes invalid.
- On selecting any of the Online mode of payment if the transaction gets failed for unknown reasons, then the candidate is allowed to pay only after 30 minutes from the previous transaction.
- On successful payment either through online or cash mode the candidate can check the payment status in their dashboard and can download their Application & Payment receipt.
a) CHALLAN PAYMENT :
- When “SBI BRANCH PAYMENT (CASH)” mode is chosen for payment by the candidate, then the other online modes like Net banking, Credit card / Debit card are restricted to the candidate for payment.
- On choosing the “SBI BRANCH PAYMENT (CASH)” mode of payment, the challan is generated and the details of the challan will be sent to the candidate’s e-mail id also.
- The challan generated through SBI e-pay portal “SBI BRANCH PAYMENT (CASH)” mode is valid for 6 days as per the date mentioned in the challan.
- The Challan payment can be made at any of the SBI bank branches only during the bank transaction hours. The transaction hours may vary from branch to branch.
- If the payment is not made through the generated challan within the valid period (6 calendar days from generation), then the application of the candidate becomes invalid. The candidate has to register again with new e-mail ID and Mobile number to fill a new application for the post.
- If the payment is successful, then the status of the payment will be reflected in the candidate’s dashboard within 24 hours and a confirmation message will be sent to registered e-mail id and Mobile number.
b) ONLINE PAYMENT :
- If the candidate choose any of the Online payment modes like Net banking or Credit card or Debit card and if there is any interruption or disconnection in making payment or if the payment gets cancelled due to unknown reasons if any, then the candidate is allowed to make payment only after 30 minutes.
- If the payment is successful, then the status of the payment will be reflected in the candidate’s dashboard immediately and a confirmation message will be sent to registered e-mail id and Mobile number.
- If the candidate is not able to pay through any of the Debit / Credit card he /she can opt for SBI Branch Payment (Cash) / Net banking mode of payment.
- The candidates are advised to submit the application and make payment well in advance before the last date of notification to avoid last minute congestion and failures.
11. DOWNLOADING OF APPLICATION FORM :
The candidate can download the filled in application by clicking the “APPLICATION FORM” link in the dashboard.